June 26, 2019
Version 1.15 has been released. There have been many improvements.
A new site template updater has been added to the Admin > Template section of all sites. This will allow pages in the
/template section of existing sites to be updated to newer versions if they haven't already been customized. This is important because new features sometimes require updates to one or more template files to be fully functional. Make sure you run the updater on all your sites.
There is a new system for easily creating content pages from uploaded video/audio/image files. Simply go to yoursitename/?new and you can make a new media page simply by uploading the file and then inputting desired title, description, tags, and optional thumbnail image. Newly created sites will have a link for this on the front page marked "New".
A new tagging system has been created. In any page, you can use the
[tags]something, another tag, anything[/tags] format to specify tags for that page. Use
[tags show=1] to make them visible as clickable links, which then list other pages with the same tag.
An advanced recommendation system has been created. In any page, add
[recommend/] toward the bottom of the page. This will list other recommended pages within your site, based on the tags from pages the user has visited this session. We are working on a system to federate sites within this system, and there will be further updates to the algorithms in future releases.
In the top-right corner of most pages, there is now a link to add an item to the front page. This link is only visible if there is an
[items] tag on the front page, and the user has permission to
?add on the front page. This also depends on the
/template/title template page being up to date.
The permission system has been slightly reconfigured to allow moderated creation of new content pages. A user that doesn't have permission to make public changes can still create new pages via the usual
?create, but the page will not be visible to anyone besides that user and moderators. The history section at the new page URL will display there being no current page, which can be easily set by the moderator later.
There have also be several other minor changes and additions:
• added file system usage diagnostic charts to the GUI version, available within Help > Diagnostics
• new Auto-Start and Auto-Shutdown, available by right-clicking the tray icon or top main view buttons
• minor changes to the chat feature, including better focus management
• a few minor fixes to the built-in ACME client
• forum topics list now has additional links at the bottom for administrator functions
• fixed potential crash in Windows GUI treeviews
• all GUI controls now correctly scale on high-resolution 4K displays
• corrected some entries in the mime-types database
• improvements to bandwidth charting within the GUI
• a few minor corrections in some of the
• several other minor GUI fixes
Development and documentation efforts are ongoing. Please stay tuned.
Thanks for using Super Simple Server!
Feb 19, 2019
Version 1.14 is now available.
Jan 12, 2019
Website is online.